The Hints field shows what hints have been applied to this stage of the query
Hints field shows what hints have been applied to this stage of the query.
CockroachDB hints generally follow the SQL Server hint structure and syntax with the exception of their Loop hint, which in CockroachDB is called a Lookup hint. The Lookup hint is specifically for a nested loop join with a supporting index.
Supported join hints are:
INNER HASH JOIN
OUTER MERGE JOIN
LEFT LOOKUP JOIN
CROSS MERGE JOIN
INNER INVERTED JOIN
LEFT INVERTED JOIN
- CockroachDB Docs - Optimizer Join Hints
- CockroachDB Docs - Supported Join Algorithms
- CockroachDB Docs - Cost Based Optimizer
If this article doesn't have the information you need you can try searching online. Remember, you can contribute suggestions to this page.
- Google Search for cockroachDB - Hints
- Ecosia Search for cockroachDB - Hints
- Bing Search for cockroachDB - Hints