A Tid Scan node scans a table by TupleID (known as TiD or ctid)
A scan of a table by TupleID - known as TID or CTID. This will give very fast access to specified rows, as the TID is an actual address on disc. However, TIDs cannot be relied on long term as a row’s TID can change through vacuum operations or re-organisation activities. TID is similar in use to an Oracle RowID.
- PostgreSQL Documentation - Using Explain
- pgAnalyze - Explain
- eTutorials - Understanding How PostgreSQL Executes a Query
If this article doesn't have the information you need you can try searching online. Remember, you can contribute suggestions to this page.
- Google Search for postgresql - Tid Scan
- Ecosia Search for postgresql - Tid Scan
- Bing Search for postgresql - Tid Scan