SQL Server is agreggating data from a function such as MAX, MIN, SUM, AVG etc.
Aggregation functions are used to group data hence usually take a larger data set and pass on a reduced set to the next explain step.
- Microsoft Documentation - Explain Plans
- Microsoft Documentation - Aggregate Functions (Transact-SQL)
- Plansplaining - Hugo Kornelis' Blog series
If this article doesn't have the information you need you can try searching online. Remember, you can contribute suggestions to this page.
- Google Search for sqlserver - Split
- Ecosia Search for sqlserver - Split
- Bing Search for sqlserver - Split