The Adaptive Join step allows for the use of nested loops or hash join method to be decided later
The Adaptive Join operator allows for the decision over the use of nested loops or hash join methods to be decided once the first pass through the data has been made.
- Microsoft Documentation - Showplan Logical and Physical Operators Reference
- Microsoft Documentation - Explain Plans
- Plansplaining - Hugo Kornelis' Blog series
If this article doesn't have the information you need you can try searching online. Remember, you can contribute suggestions to this page.
- Google Search for sqlserver - Adaptive Join
- Ecosia Search for sqlserver - Adaptive Join
- Bing Search for sqlserver - Adaptive Join