The Bitmap Create operator appears in the plan output where bitmaps are built
Bitmaps are used in SQL Server parallel plans as a means to screen out data before passing it on to the next step. This step marks the creation of the required bitmap in memory. Using this method reduces the data having to be processed in further steps and hence speeds up overall execution.
- Microsoft Documentation - Showplan Logical and Physical Operators Reference
- Microsoft Documentation - Explain Plans
- Plansplaining - Hugo Kornelis' Blog series
If this article doesn't have the information you need you can try searching online. Remember, you can contribute suggestions to this page.
- Google Search for sqlserver - Bitmap Create
- Ecosia Search for sqlserver - Bitmap Create
- Bing Search for sqlserver - Bitmap Create