The Lazy Spool operator takes each row from its input into a temporary object
The Lazy Spool operator builds a hidden temporary object in tempdb and stores rows from its input. The 'lazy' part means that a row is only retrieved when it is asked for by its calling operator rather than consuming all rows at once as in the Eager Spool.
- Microsoft Documentation - Showplan Logical and Physical Operators Reference
- Microsoft Documentation - Explain Plans
- Plansplaining - Hugo Kornelis' Blog series
If this article doesn't have the information you need you can try searching online. Remember, you can contribute suggestions to this page.
- Google Search for sqlserver - Lazy Spool
- Ecosia Search for sqlserver - Lazy Spool
- Bing Search for sqlserver - Lazy Spool