The RID is a bookmark lookup on a heap using a row identifier (RID)
The RID is a bookmark lookup on a heap using a row identifier (RID) which is a physical address. The RID Lookup operator is always used in conjunction with a NESTED LOOP JOIN. Access by RID is the fastest way to retrieve a single row.
- Microsoft Documentation - Showplan Logical and Physical Operators Reference
- Microsoft Documentation - Explain Plans
- Plansplaining - Hugo Kornelis' Blog series
If this article doesn't have the information you need you can try searching online. Remember, you can contribute suggestions to this page.
- Google Search for sqlserver - RID Lookup
- Ecosia Search for sqlserver - RID Lookup
- Bing Search for sqlserver - RID Lookup