Identified for informational purposes only. Not supported. Future compatibility is not guaranteed.
Latches are lightweight, fast methods of managing concurrency on a specific resource. This group of latches are seen in management of pages that have already been read into memory.
How to reduce this wait
There is a great article in sqlskills.com under the LATCH_EX page which gives a breakdown of the steps needed to identify the latch which you are waiting on - as although the wait time is shown, it does not identify the specific latch being contended for.
- Microsoft Docs - sys.dm_os_wait_stats (Transact-SQL)
- sqlskills.com - LATCH_SH
- sqlshack.com - All about latches
If this article doesn't have the information you need you can try searching online. Remember, you can contribute suggestions to this page.
- Google Search for sqlserver - LATCH_NL
- Ecosia Search for sqlserver - LATCH_NL
- Bing Search for sqlserver - LATCH_NL