Occurs when a write operation is in progress.
This wait indicates a synchronous write is being waited on. Can be associated with database snapshots, virtual logfile (VLF) and running DBCC.
How to reduce this wait
- Reduce the number of snapshots
- Follow general advice for I/O waits only if your I/O subsystem is overloaded.
- Microsoft Docs - sys.dm_os_wait_stats (Transact-SQL)
- sqlskills.com - WRITE_COMPLETION
- sqlshack.com - WRITE_COMPLETION
If this article doesn't have the information you need you can try searching online. Remember, you can contribute suggestions to this page.
- Google Search for sqlserver - WRITE_COMPLETION
- Ecosia Search for sqlserver - WRITE_COMPLETION
- Bing Search for sqlserver - WRITE_COMPLETION