The Bitmap Heap Scan scans selected pages from the heap table specified
The Bitmap Heap Scan scans selected pages from the heap table specified. This node is usually preceded by a Index Scan or a Bitmap Index Scan which return a list of matching pages to visit. The Bitmap Heap Scan node sorts the list of pages so that physical access can be optimized. The ‘bitmap’ in the node’s title refers to the sorting method used.
- PostgreSQL Documentation - Using Explain
- pgAnalyze - Explain
- eTutorials - Understanding How PostgreSQL Executes a Query
If this article doesn't have the information you need you can try searching online. Remember, you can contribute suggestions to this page.
- Google Search for postgresql - Bitmap Heap Scan
- Ecosia Search for postgresql - Bitmap Heap Scan
- Bing Search for postgresql - Bitmap Heap Scan