The Foreign Scan node scans data residing outside PostgreSQL
The Foreign Scan node scans data residing outside PostgreSQL. PostgreSQL implements part of the SQL/MED specification which allows access to Foreign Data i.e. data outside the database, using SQL queries. Foreign Scan must not be confused with Foreign Keys used for referential integrity within the database.
- PostgreSQL Documentation - Using Explain
- pgAnalyze - Explain
- eTutorials - Understanding How PostgreSQL Executes a Query
If this article doesn't have the information you need you can try searching online. Remember, you can contribute suggestions to this page.
- Google Search for postgresql - Foreign Scan
- Ecosia Search for postgresql - Foreign Scan
- Bing Search for postgresql - Foreign Scan