The Values Scan node reads in literals from a VALUES SQL command
The Values Scan node reads in literals from the query. This is seen where the
VALUES SQL command is used.
VALUES is most commonly found in
INSERT statements. E.g
INSERT INTO employee ( fname, sname, empid, dept, start_date )
VALUES ( ’Fred’ , ‘Flintstone’ , 539981 , ‘Bedrock’ , ‘1960-09-30’ );
- PostgreSQL Documentation - VALUES SQL Command
- PostgreSQL Documentation - Using Explain
- pgAnalyze - Explain
- eTutorials - Understanding How PostgreSQL Executes a Query
If this article doesn't have the information you need you can try searching online. Remember, you can contribute suggestions to this page.
- Google Search for postgresql - Values Scan
- Ecosia Search for postgresql - Values Scan
- Bing Search for postgresql - Values Scan