The tabs at the top of the screen let you switch between Host Metrics, Database Activity or Events.
- Host Metrics
- See the host performance metrics.
- Database Activity
- See metrics for any instances mapped to the host. You can also click through to the instance to jump across to look at database instance performance.
- See events related to the host such as Alerts.
The key performance indicators at the top of the screen are there to show top level metrics.
- CPU Average - This is the average amount of CPU utilised within the selected period.
- Memory Average - This is the average amount of memory utilised within the selected period.
- Disk I/O - This is the average amount of Disk I/O utilised within the selected period.
- Changes - This is the number of changes or custom events within the selected period.
The host dashboard screen gives a performance overview of the key host metrics such as CPU, Memory and disk I/O.
By clicking the 'Show Breakdown' button in the top of each chart you can toggle between the simple view and detailed breakdown of each of the CPU, memory and Disk metrics.
The charts then show stack bars for the following metrics:
- Disk I/O metrics (bytes reads/writes, I/Os completed reads/writes, time spent doing I/O ms reads/writes)
- CPU metrics (nice, non-nice, system, I/O wait, IRQ, SoftIRQ and stolen time)
- Memory metrics (used, active, inactive, free, buffer, swap cache and swap free)